WEDI Westminster Economic Development Initiative
Westminster's principal mission program is the Westminster Economic Development Initiative (WEDI). This 501(C)3 non-profit organization is focused on improving the lives of residents on the West Side by supporting entrepreneurs and small business development, training and education.To learn more about WEDI, please visit: www.wedibuffalo.org
The organization's work is measured block by block, student by student, business by business—all toward rebuilding the community and revitalizing the city:
- ENERGY After-School Program: Providing one-on-one tutoring and a nutritious snack twice per week for West Side children (many of whom are from Puerto Rico, Somalia, Iraq, and other regions).
- West Side Bazaar is an international small business incubator located in an ethnically
diverse neighborhood commercial district in Buffalo, New York. For complete information, please visit www.westsidebazaar.com
Westminster has a long history of commitment to the city of Buffalo:
- Since the inception in 1894 of the refugee resettlement facility Westminster House, church members have given of their time and talents to serve those in need.
- Westminster also participates in the broad mission program of the Presbyterian Church (USA) financially and through active participation. Church members have provided local disaster relief as well as dedicated service through an annual Gulf Coast Mission Trip.
In addition, the church supports a variety of local agencies:
Westminster provides meeting space for various groups:
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Pathways to Peace (Anger Management Group)
Please consider lending a hand. WEDI needs tutors for the ENERGY after-school program, mentors to guide startup businesses, volunteers to rebuild West Side Habitat homes, and donors who make it all possible. To learn more, please contact us:
ENERGY After-School Tutoring
ENERGY Director, 716-507-8216 firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a donation
Betsy Mitchell, WEDI Financial Manager: email@example.com